Genny is a military wife, mother of two, and Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator who prepares pregnant women for labor and the postpartum period.
Genny knows that childbirth education truly drives birth satisfaction, partner involvement and how the mind, body and spirit need proper preparation for birth.
Genny has supported evidence based research on birth long before becoming a mother herself. She became certified through Lamaze International and currently teaches in hospital as well as private classes. Genny is featured on the Lamaze website in the virtual directory, Jacksonville Maternity and FunforFirstCoastKids.org.
March - Tickets
April - Tickets
July - TBD
August - TBD
September - TBD
October - TBD
November - TBD
December - TBD
This class is designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and confidence to have the birth you desire. Topics include:
practice labor positions
physical & emotional health
tips to help with discomfort
create a birth plan
stages of labor
What to bring: yoga mat and birth ball
Childbirth Basics 2 hour class
February 27 - TICKETS
March 13 - TICKETS
March 27 - TICKETS
April 3 - TICKETS
This class covers stages of labor, pain management, relaxation techniques, & labor support.
You will be able to ask questions at the end.
What is Lamaze?
Evidence Based Practice in Pregnancy & Childbirth
Lamaze has summed up years of research into 6 Healthy Birth Practices:
1) Let Labor Begin on its own
2) Have Freedom of Movement
3) Have continuous Support
4) Avoid Unnecessary Interventions
5) Upright & Spontaneous Pushing
6) Keep Mom & Baby together.
The Lamaze Way
1. Birth is normal, natural, healthy, & safe.
2. Women have an innate ability to give birth.
3. The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
4. Women's confidence & ability to give birth is enhanced or diminished by the care provider & place of birth.
5. Women have the right to give birth free from routine medical interventions.
6. Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers and hospitals.
Will I learn how to have a natural birth?
I believe that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmediated birth, I focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can decide what feels right for your family.