COVID-19 Update: Virtual Classes Only
Lamaze Childbirth Class
This class is designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and confidence to have the birth you desire. Birth is one of the most important events in parent's lives & this class will teach you everything you need to know about birth in an interactive & fun way through activities and illustrations. Topics include pregnancy - physical and emotional health, tips for discomfort, birth plans, precautions, nutrition by trimester, overview of labor, birth fitness, pain management, positioning and movement for pregnancy, labor and birth, relaxation techniques, stress reduction, breath awareness, breathing strategies & exercises, labor support/doula, partner's role, the flow of labor and what to expect, the stages of labor, positions for pushing, medical interventions (including epidural and cesarean section), informed decisions, informed refusal, challenges of labor, the postpartum period, newborn appearance, breastfeeding basics
What to bring: yoga mat and birth ball
(Make sure you have a strong internet connection)
Genny Siemion, LCCE
I teach Childbirth Education in Jacksonville, Florida. I am married to my husband, Dave and we have two beautiful children together which led my heartfelt passion into teaching.
The Lamaze Way
1. Birth is normal, natural, healthy, & safe.
2. Women have an innate ability to give birth.
3. The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
4. Women's confidence & ability to give birth is enhanced or diminished by the care provider & place of birth.
5. Women have the right to give birth free from routine medical interventions.
6. Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers and hospitals.
What is Lamaze?
Evidence Based Practice in Pregnancy & Childbirth
Lamaze has summed up years of research into 6 Healthy Birth Practices:
1) Let Labor Begin on its own
2) Have Freedom of Movement
3) Have continuous Support
4) Avoid Unnecessary Interventions
5) Upright & Spontaneous Pushing
6) Keep Mom & Baby together.
Will I learn how to have a natural birth?
I believe that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmediated birth, I focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can decide what feels right for your family.